Thursday, September 26, 2013

SOS - Please Help Find A Home for Piper!




You guys know I'm a big softy when it comes to animals. I've totally fallen in love with this puppy, a 6 month old Pointer mix called Piper. The problem is that I already have three pets (though I'm only supposed to have one) and they don't get along well. (One has an anxiety disorder and doesn't do well with new people or animals.) So I can't give her a home.

I'm hoping that's where you guys can help. She is currently at a kill shelter in Georgia and has been put on the kill list for tomorrow morning. However, she is up for adoption, and transport can be arranged anywhere in the USA or Canada. One of my friends just adopted a dog from this shelter and had it brought up to Canada for about $100, so it's really not hard to do!

The shelter takes donations through Fundrazr to cover vet bills, and this girl's donations are currently at $250, so transport might be the only cost associated with adopting her. And if you live closer than Canada, it might cost next to nothing.



Just look at that face! How could you not love her?

If you or anyone you know has room in their hearts and homes for a furry friend, please pass this message on!

Piper is #134574 at Clayton County Animal Control at 1396 Government Circle Jonesboro, GA 30236. For more info you can go here or here, or for help with rescue coordination, please email jmdoro@earthlink.net, ccacpartners@gmail.com, or ansearcher@gmail.com.

You can donate to her fund on Fundrazr here. Every little bit helps! The fund pays off her vet bills, so the more there is in it, the less the adopter has to pay. Which makes her more likely to get adopted! So please - donate whatever you can spare. Even $5 could save her life!

If you'd like to see other dogs who desperately need help, visit the Clayton County Animal Control Facebook Page.

Thanks for taking the time to help Piper (and her furry friends)!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man :( these post break my heart. How can people just abandon these sweet animals?! I hope Piper finds a home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. This shelter also uses a pretty painful method of killing them. It's tragic. If you or anyone you know can even help with $5 towards her Fundrazr that can make a drastic difference to getting her placed - the less the adopter has to pay, the more likely they are to give her a home! And please, please spread the word. So many puppies dying tomorrow at this shelter!

      Delete
  2. She is so precious. Cases like that always breaks my heart. I wish I could adopt her! I really don't understand why there even are kill shelters. There are no kill shelters in Germany! It makes me so angry. And yeah, I know their killing methods and I will never understand how anything like that can be legal! Makes me so angry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...