Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Random Thursday: Winter Survival


'Tis the season! And by that, I mean winter. Lin, Sarah and I want you to tell us: what are your winter survival items? We want to hear all your tips, because it's going to take some treats, cosy winter clothes and serious hibernation to get through to spring!

1. Scarves, hats, thick socks and gloves

I have TERRIBLE circulation. I wear scarves all year round. So in winter, I need all the help I can get to stay warm! I have to confess that one of the main reasons I took up knitting was so that I could add to my collectoin of neck wear!

2. Peppermint Mochas

There is nothing more delicious than a rich, sweet mocha spiked with just a bit of refreshing mint. I have been known to drink these all year round, they're so good. I also have a soft spot for Starbucks' red cups. They're just so cheerful! I caved last year and bought a re-usable red mug:

3. Uggs

Oh, the cosiness! They're so warm, it's like my feet are being hugged all day long. Not the best for long walks, since they have no support, and they're useless in the rain, but for the 5 days a year in Vancouver when it's cold and NOT raining, they're like heaven.

4. A fireplace

What's better than curling up in front of a fire with a hot drink, warm blanket and good book? Nothing, that's what.

5. Feel-good movies


When it's cold and dark out, it's great to escape into another world, where adventure, romance and magic await! My faves are the Harry Potter movies, Bridget Jones, Love Actually and reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

6. Moisturizer and lip balm

Due to the terrible circulation, I get very dry skin and my lips get super chapped. Right around the end of September, it's time to start packing on the moisture! My faves are Pied de Pepper Foot Cream by LUSH Cosmetics, Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Lemon, Clinique's Dramatically Different lotion (I've also been known to use this as hand cream) and L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream.

What gets you through the long, cold winter? Link up and give us some winter tips to try out!

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the fireplace and the feel-good movies - Love Actually is our annual Christmas movie! I'm not such a fan of all the scarf-wearing, boot-stomping, covered-finger kind of days, but I guess I have to be, right? The first snow is falling today, so that means I have to adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that drink instantly made me want it!
    such a huge fan of uggs, they are always the first thing I grab when I'm running out into the cold.
    I have a fireplace for the first time this winter and the first time I turned it on made me so happy! love it!
    thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel good movies in da house! Ha, super fucking cheesy I know, you know love it. I cant believe I'm going to admit this but I've never actually had a fireplace burning in my house. We have one in the house we're renting now but the damn thing isnt hooked up to the gas line so it's mostly for show. Or to collect dirt...either way it doesnt work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...