Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random Thursday: 5 Things I Use Every Day


Welcome back to Random Thursday with Lin, Sarah and me!This week's topic is a pretty easy one - tell us 5 things you use every single day, without fail. And I'm betting computer and/or smartphone will make every list!

Here are mine:

1. iPod

If it weren't for my iPod, I would be in jail. I'm actually not kidding. My day includes two hours on public transit. Anyone who rides public transit knows that it is full of rude people who shove you, poke you with their bags and backpacks, stand on your feet, skip the queue, refuse to give up their seat to people who need it, decide they want to tell you every detail of their lives and/or are publicly drunk. The best way to deal with all this? Put in your earphones, turn up the volume, and prepare to elbow anyone who won't take a hint. I would have stabbed someone for now if it weren't for that thing.

2. Toothbrush

Okay, so it's boring - but dude, where would we be without it? In a smelly, smelly world, that's where.

3.Water bottle

I drink about a gallon of water every day. Not sure if this is good or bad (I keep expecting to disappear into a puddle like that witch from The Wizard of Oz) but I take water with me EVERYWHERE. Except the bathroom.

4. Post-It Notes

I have about 20 post-it note pads scattered around my desk in all different colours. I think partly I like that they're colourful, but I also make notes of stuff I have to do and stick them on my computer monitors and the wall over my desk so that I can tear them down when I'm done, and carry one with me when I'm going into a meeting with my boss so that I can write down things she needs me to do. I can't remember what I did without them.

5. Debit Card

Sadly, it's true. I use this sucker way more than I should and am terrible at remembering to get cash. I'd be totally helpless without it.

Now it's your turn! What do you use every day (and try not to stick with keys, wallet, phone, purse and money!)?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I need post its for everything because I forget things all the time. And I totally know what you mean...public transportation is terrible without music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if I had that kind of commute I definitely would need that thing too. =) Sometimes I'm sad, though, that I don't ride to work in a train because I could be reading instead of driving myself. What do I have a kindle for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You drink a gallon of water a day? Holy fuck. I'm lucky if I can a cup or two down my throat. Dont know if it's noticeable but I hate water. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know what I would do without Post-It notes, I depend on them so much at work.

    You are so good with water. I have trouble with not drinking enough. It's like I almost need an app to remind me. Luckily my coworker and I have a pretty good system of reminding each other to drink some water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog and love the fact that you use post-it's every day! Because I am the exact same way! I always use them to write down student names who are talking or not following directions or if I need to remember something or do something. But, I usually just shove them all in my desk and next thing you know, I have a huge stack of them and haven't done any of the things on them or even remembered I had them! I would die without them though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...