Friday, November 30, 2012

Fill in the _____ Friday

  1. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is... I have no idea. Sarcasm?
  2. The holiday season is... a madhouse. Seriously. 
  3. When it comes to holiday decorating... I throw a string of multi-coloured lights around the mantel and call it a day. We've got cats. Anything else would get destroyed. Also, lazy.
  4. The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is... the colours, the lights, the smell of spices, Christmas movies. That general feeling that magic could happen. Of course it never does and by new year, after hours of fighting your way through mall crowds, wrestling with rolls of wrapping paper and trying to tune out the Christmas music you've heard on repeat for 2+ months, you're about ready to punch anyone who so much as mentions "Christmas." But for a little while, it's magical.
  5. My favourite holiday tradition is... Peppermint mochas. Shut up. They totally count.
  6. This year my Christmas plans include... trying to figure out how to make stuff cos I'm too broke to buy real presents. 
  7. My favourite holiday food is... see #5. And winter ale. Also totally count as food. Shut up.

1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude - Christmas doesn't have to be that big a deal where everything has to be perfect in all the details. I have not decorated anything in my house (just hung a wreath on the door, but technically, that's not in the house ;-) The crowds, the stress, the "madhouse" - I can do without. Just some quiet time, that's all I need!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...