Friday, November 18, 2011

Fill in the _____ Friday



1. A nervous habit I have is...
not making eye contact, talking too fast, and cracking my knuckles. No, I'm not a poker player.

2. Something that makes me sad is... animals that aren't properly taken care of. If I were rich I'd rescue every animal I came across that doesn't have anyone to take care of it and subsidize vet bills for people who can't afford to pay for their animals to be given proper medical care. It breaks my heart when people have to put down a pet because they can't afford vet bills. I'd also pay vets to do mobile free clinics for street people who have animals, cos I'm pretty sure they're not getting adequate veterinary care.

3. Today I am thankful for... my home, my health, my family, my friends and my cats. You know, the usual ;) Oh, also that at this particular point in time it's not raining or snowing.

4. My favourite room in my house is... probably the bedroom. Mind you, that could just be because this week pretty much all I want to do is go back to bed.

5. I can't stand... people who make routine grammatical errors. We all make typos, or use the wrong word or punctuation once in awhile. Myself included. But it drives me nuts when people habitually use "your" instead of "you're" or "then" instead of "than." It's not that hard to figure out, people. Here's a cheat sheet for you:
6. If I had an extra $100 to spend on whatever I wanted today, I would... buy Hunter rain boots. Seriously, I need waterproof footwear that is relatively comfortable and that has some grip on the soles. It snowed last night, and my shoes are nearly wrecked. Also I nearly slipped and fell on my head on the way to work. Twice.

7. The last person I hung out with was... Well, I'm assuming you mean other than J., since I hang out with him all the time. So I guess it would be one of my co-workers, who is awesome and who accompanied me to MAC on our lunch break yesterday. Never usually go shopping with another person. It was fun.

That's it for another Friday - have a great weekend, everyone, and try to stay warm and dry! Thanks to Lauren at The Little Things We Do for the blanks, as always!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I have all of those same nervous habits! I also tend to scratch at my chest, leaving red marks & I hate it. My bedroom is my favorite place too. I could stay in bed all day, every day. I know, what a freakin' bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, it's the only sane place to be. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...