Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wicked Wednesday - The Foo Fighters


I have one word to describe the Foo Fighters' live show. And that word is: Awesome.

I've been to a lot of concerts over the years - everything from jazz to classical to pop to rock to punk to hip hop. I have to say that I have never seen a performance quite like the Foo Fighters. First of all, they do a loooooong set. Close to three hours straight. Which is great, because it gives them a chance to play around with solos, add in covers and switch to just Dave Grohl with an acoustic guitar for a few songs - without taking away from all the songs you really want to hear - and hear LOUD.



On top of that the band has a great dynamic, and Dave is funny. All of this leads to a great atmosphere. Plus, these guys give 'er. I mean, they are amazing. I have never seen so much physical exertion in a show - even a short one - and these guys just don't stop. I have a newfound respect for the physical demands of being a musician.

This video is from their show in Montreal, but it's nearly the same as their finish in Vancouver. Not quite like being there yourself, but hey, it'll have to do!



If you haven't seen them yet, go. And wear your comfy shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Again...so jealous! I'm glad you had a great time though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...