Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I swear I blinked and the weekend was over. Fortunately, for once, it seems to have taken Monday with it. I'm okay with that.

I'm giving it another go. Hopefully I'll actually come up with 10.

1. I have been seeing the trailer for Moneyball on TV a lot. While it looks like it could be a decent movie, I'm alarmed to see that Brad Pitt is looking increasingly like Robert Redford.



2. It's been raining a lot lately, thus leading me to conclude that I have to invest in decent rain boots. I'm horrified to discover that they cost upwards of $150. This seems particularly ridiculous when you consider that rain boots are basically a couple of hunks of molded rubber. After some consideration of this shocking pricepoint, I've decided that retail items should be sold on a sliding scale. Since I'm broke, I should get them for free.

3. 
For more important life lessons, read the full Oatmeal comic strip: What we SHOULD have been taught in our senior year of high school.

4. If I had to pick one thing I hate about my office, it would be the toilet paper holders. They don't turn, so in order to get toilet paper, you have to manually wind it around and around the holder. Inevitably you drop the end on the ground and, if you're a germophobe like me, have to start the entire process all over again. It's the single most aggravating thing I have to deal with throughout my work day.

5. We have two black cats. Here they are:


As you can tell, they look very similar. Opie, the younger one, started out with beige in his fur and was supposed to get lighter. Clearly they lied because they wanted to make us take him home. Can you tell the difference? Didn't think so. Neither can we.

6.

7. I have come to hate our pet insurance provider. It took two weeks of nearly daily phone calls, about 12 duplicate faxes, two emails and lots of trying hard not to yell to get ONE claim through to them. Today I called to check if they're processing it, you know, just to be on the safe side since the six month limit is in two days. Only to discover that apparently the bill for two of the three cats didn't go through (how does that even happen??) and they're in danger of having their policies canceled. Nbd. I finally gave in and got really angry with them and threatened to switch insurance providers if they don't get their collective thumbs out of their asses. I apologized to the guy when I was done my tirade since it isn't his fault, personally, but I still feel bad for wrecking the poor schmuck's morning. I tried. I really did.

8. Today I wish I drank coffee. There's a serious risk of me falling asleep on my keyboard.

9. Pumpkin beer. 'Nuff said.

10. Interesting interview with Michael Moore about Occupy Wall Street and why he doesn't want his books to be sold in Georgia.



That's it for me - back to trying not to fall asleep work!

1 comment:

  1. 1. OMG that's totally who he looks like! haha
    2. I like this idea cause I'm broke too.
    3. Dude this is so funny & all schools should teach this.
    4. Get out of my head! I was just thinking this as I was on the toilet. Oh, too much info? Sorry.
    5. They look identical to me...
    6. lol
    8. This is me, everday :/

    Thanks for linking up sweets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...